Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Never Again... :)

Well folks, my Teacher Work Sample has officially been finished! This was probably one of the most stressful things I have ever done. Granted I have been a procrastinator since the day I was born (I was born one day early and that was the only time I was on time my family would probably say haha), and I actually started working on this months ago.... Well... even though I know my kids so well and was able to easily assess what they know and everything, it took me FOREVER! Before all my attachments and samples, it was 30 pages 1/2 double spaced and 1/2 single spaced. Let me just tell you... that takes A LOT of hours to do well. BUT I am finished! Woo Hoo! Last week was probably the longest week of my life, and while after a couple breakdowns and some mood swings later I am trying to get back to enjoying only have 2 jobs and a boyfriend that lives 2 hours away ;) Believe it or not, it makes my life seem so boring with so little to do!

Here are a few updates on my life (just incase anyone was wondering :)
  • I become an auntie again this week when baby Harrison decides to grace the world with his presence (hopefully before Saturday, so pray for Steph)
  • I get to walk and have the fan fair of actually graduating from BYU (April 22-23)
  • Clay got home from his mission in Switzerland and is now my roommate :) It is so much more fun having a roommate than living alone (at least Lole and I have a few less conversations haha)
  • Trey got his mission call to serve in the Democratic Republic of the Congo mission! He leaves June 16th! I can't believe it! We are going to miss him so much!
  • My parents came to visit last week which was amazing! I tell you what - I wish I could go back and be more appreciative of living at home. Thank you Mom and Dad for all you do for us (and have done). You are amazing!
  • Things with Brent are going amazingly. He is so good to me and makes me so happy. Not to mention he spoils me a little bit :) He got me a Polar Watch for my birthday which makes it SO fun to exercise and keep track of it!
  • Sunday dinners have officially gone to having 6 of us (Katchie, Jeff, Me, Brent, Clay, and Trey)! It is so nice to have so many of us together here in Utah. We miss our family so much and I am so glad we have that tradition. My brothers and sisters are some of my best friends and I am so glad we have the relationships we do.
  • I have 58 more days of school this year! I can't believe it is already ending! With all of the layoffs and budget cuts in Utah this year, pray for me to get blessed with a teaching job!
I will post some pictures soon, I promise :)

4 comments:

mamasteph said...

So, so glad that your project is done!!! Way to go! And don't worry, we all know I got the procrastinating gene too! ;) Thanks for your prayers, they mean more than you know! I'm glad you sound so happy, you sure do deserve it! Love ya sister!

Bianca said...

good job MR! what a relief, right? glad we have you back in our lives:) xox exercise soon?

Aria said...

thanks for the update! I can't believe you sister's having another baby right now! How fun for the two brothers to be so close in age. Harrison is on my list of baby names - so cute! Congrats on getting that big teacher's work sample finished. You're such a hard worker!

Trey said...

love you sis.. i'm coming over tonight