Monday, April 07, 2008

Something fishy going on...

So I am super upset about the pitbulls :( As it turns out, pitbulls aren't allowed in Springville, so they wouldn't let us adopt them :( I wanted to cry my eyes out! Adam and I went and visited them, and I fell in love with them all over again! They are so sweet and they love me! So... since they wouldn't allow us to adopt them, they said that if we had friends, they would have priority in being able to adopt them. They went on adoption last Thursday morning at 9am (the dogs have to be there for 3 days before adoption is allowed, incase the owners come looking for them).
So I have this friend from work, and her and her husband have been looking for a pitbull mix at the shelters for a while, so she was super excited when she found out about the puppies. I gave her all the info and so her and her husband went to the shelter last Thursday at 10am to adopt one of the puppies. The people in the shelter told her they had no idea what she was talking about and that they didn't have any puppies like that. Hmmm... right?!
SO... I just found this out this morning and had Adam call the shelter. When he talked to them, they said that the owners came in looking for the puppies on SATURDAY and that they have 2 more days to come up with the money to get their puppies back... So maybe it's just me, but something doesn't add up right... Thursday they denied have the puppies, but on Saturday the owners came and claimed them.
Something is going on. Why would they lie about that? AND I am super upset that they are giving the owner the puppies, after they 'abused' the dog by leaving the rubber band on his tail so it would fall off. People like that shouldn't be allowed to have the puppies back!! Why wouldn't they let my friend see the puppies?!
So Adam and I think that maybe one of the workers wanted to keep them, so they were hiding them or something... What do you think?
PS Three school days left!! WOO WOO! I can't wait!

3 comments:

mamasteph said...

Congrats on almost completing another semester! I'm sorry about the puppies....but I can honestly say pitbulls are a little scary! Not the most child friendly dogs! But, I do hope they go to a good home--it sounds like your friends would take good care of them.

M {3 said...

I am so sorry, it doesn't seem fair. I thought that adoption places looked out for the dogs, so I hope the owners really aren't involved even though the workers are dishonest hopefully they are kind.

Madelyn said...

That is so weird! I'm sorry you can't get the puppies! If Obi ever has puppies, you can have one:)