Saturday, March 28, 2009

Ra Ra Ree, Kick him in the knee! Ra Ra Rass, Kick him in the...

(haha that was for you, Mom :)
So this weekend I have been remenising back to 8th grade and the crazy dealings of cheerleading tryouts. Now if you knew me back then, I don't know if you remember, but it was a big deal! But the hardest part of it all was that most of my friends were also trying out for cheerleader and there were only 10 spots available. 10 spots = not all of our friends making it (tragic, I know). And if you also remember... I didn't make it.
Well... this coming Monday comes another stressful time for me... Intern interviews. I am finishing up my second practicum in a 5th grade classroom on Tuesday and on Monday we have our interviews to intern in Alpine School District next year instead of student teaching. There are about 15 schools in the district that have openings for interns next year so there will be about 15 principals and 15 vice principals interviewing us in groups of about 4 or 5. There are about a million questions we are supposed to study incase they ask us, and we will find out on Tuesday whether or not we got one of the 26 spots available. If not, there is a second round process, and if you still don't get picked you student teach next year instead. I am super super nervous! I really hope to get an internship, but I also have a lot of friends that are applying that are excellent cantidates (as well as other impressive girls that I don't know as well).
SO... I'll keep you posted on Tuesday... hopefully with good news. I have been working for this for 4 years so I really hope it pays off! Keep my in your thoughts and prayers this weekend!

7 comments:

mamasteph said...

Done and done! We know you will do great! We are so proud of all that you are doing! Good luck! love ya sis!

Sam and Terri said...

consider yourself in my thoughts and my prayers. You will do great. I just know it.

M {3 said...

Love the cheer haha! Mar you are such an amazing woman and I know whatever happens you are the best, just like in cheerleading. If you remember everyone was shocked you didn't make cheerleading that year, it came down to nerves causing you to freeze up and forget the routine. Relax be yourself and all will be well. Hakuna Matata<3

elizajoy said...

Very exciting... good luck!

Anonymous said...

Why do you have to remind me of those painful memories? ha ha. Good luck! You will do awesome. You have always been on the ball.

Trey said...

you'll get it sis, you're the bomb

Biggie T said...

I know you would make an awesome teacher - just let your bubbly personality shine through and don't get too nervous. Good luck!