Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Look What's Cookin In Ms. Adam's Class!

School starts tomorrow! AHH!! I am so so excited! My mom has been in town for the last couple of weeks and I feel like between me, her, and Katchie, we have spent hundreds of hours in that classroom (and out) getting ready for the school year! My mom is amazing and was gracious enough to paint and create all the illustrations for my bulletin boards and they looks AMAZING! And it was so nice to have Katchie there to keep me moving when I started draggin lol! All the teachers in the school are so jealous! The teacher who had my room before me retired and left behind so so so so much stuff in her classroom and it took forever to sort through, decide what to keep and throw away (there was a lot to throw away) and I got it ready just in time for back to school night last night! Here are a few pictures, but I will have to take a couple in the morning of the finished product! I am so proud of us - it looks wonderful! My theme is cooking/baking and so everything ties into that for the room! I have 24 2nd graders and they are so cute! I can't wait for all they are going to teach me this year! Here are a few pictures my mom took while we were finishing up before back to school night! Wish me luck! I will keep y'all posted on my adventures :)

The students desks with their goodie bags with cookie cutters and baking mats :)
What is posted out in the hall so I can display work!
My Chef (spotlight) of the week poster!
My AWESOME pink rocking chair and calendar!
Working hard on finishing touches!


13 comments:

Madelyn said...

Your room is so adorable! Today is your first day and I'm sure you will do great! I'm sure the school year will bring lots of challenges, but overall I think it will bring more fun than not. You will be an awesome teacher! I'm excited for you!

mamasteph said...

Yout room looks awesome! Way to go MaryRose and Mom! You did a great job! I know the kids will love it! I hope your first day (and all of the consecutive days!) go awesome! Those kids are lucky to have you as a teacher! Remember to have fun! Love ya!

Christie said...

You are going to be the best teacher! Your room looks amazing!

Aria said...

Mary Rose, I'm SOOOO proud of you! That room looks amazing! You and your mama are so talented. The kids really will adore you -you'll be the coveted teacher throughout the entire school. I can't wait to hear more details on how this school year goes.

We miss you and are thinking about you. Haley sends her love to Lole. :)

Bianca said...

it looks so good! can't wait to see you xo

Makell Wintle said...

Bravo! It looks great MR. I'm kinda jealous you get to be with the funny 2nd graders for your job. Sounds like fun. :)

The Bombic said...

You guys really fanced that place up! I'm so proud of you and I'm sure that your positive energy and enthusiasm will help your students get excited about learning. We need to make being smart sexy again (I heard this on the radio the other day and LOVED it). And good job Mom & Katch for help. Go fam!

Brent and Mary Rose said...

Oh my gosh! YES! And Katchie! She helped so so much too! I don't know what I would've done without those two!

Trey said...

Looks great! And speaking of your previous post, Will Swenson... That guy USED to be cool.

Nick & Dana said...

Hey MaryRose! This is Dana Jensen from drama... and other fun classes.. ha. Anyways, I came across your blog from Larysa or someone. Your room looks so cute!! What school are you at? Good luck with everything! You'll be a great teacher

Hair Goddess said...

The room looks awesome!!!!! But man there was alot of S in there !!!! haha :)

Unknown said...

Look at all the creative stuff you added to your classroom. It seem lonely around here on Sunday's with you coming and visiting. Hope all is going well for you.

Love Jane

Cellen said...

Babe ... it looks AMAZING! I hope that when Kaitlyn goes to school, she has teachers that are as dedicated, caring and creative as you are! LOVE YOUR FACE!