Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Solitude

So we had quite an eventful week last week! There was lots of drama at work, so I took the week off and spent some quality time with Adam! I worked with him for a couple of days, which was really fun! We went with our friends Tommy and Aria (and their 6 week old baby, Sydney) to a cabin up in Solitude for a couple of days! It was so nice! We went for a little hike up at Silver Lake, ate lots of junk food, played some games and card tricks and enjoyed the scenery! They kept apologizing about their crying baby, but we hardly even noticed it!
I also was able to go up to Ogden and hang out with Katchie! I got my hair done ( which obviously looks amazing since Katchie did it :) and we took Grandma Henderson to lunch! I was naughty and stopped at Steve and Barrys just incase they had some new items in the Bitten line and I bought 4 sweaters! They are so cute! For any of you who have a Steve and Barrys near you, you have to go! It is fabulous! Right now, everything is 9.98 and under! Sarah Jessica Parker and Amanda Bynes clothing lines are so super cute!
Then on Saturday we went to the Utah County Fair and got to see thier first annual demolition derby! Adam had never been to one before so it was really fun! It lasted like 4 hours! And we even left early!! It was really fun to watch and the powderpuff round was the most exciting! They had the wives go and one of them kept ramming into the other cars and made one roll over and her car was on top! It was CRAZY! They had the emts and firefighters and cranes come out to lift the car off her!
Anyway! This week has been really nice! I also discovered this recipe to make cake pops and I am totally addicted! Aria took some amazing pictures of them for me and they look so good!

http://widget-67.slide.com/widgets/slideticker.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" quality="high" scale="noscale" salign="l" wmode="transparent" flashvars="cy=bb&il=1&channel=2666130979410840935&site=widget-67.slide.com" style="width:400px;height:320px" name="flashticker" align="middle">

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun, where is that store? I will defintely have to check it out as long as its cheap. ha. Lets go on a double for sure, we are going to be gone this weekend but anytime after that sounds good. Give me a call.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah we could get Chris and Eli to go with us too. That would be fun, the old threesome.

Brent and Mary Rose said...

Steve and Barrys is over by Fort Union blvd. It is on Van Winkle Pkwy at about 40-50th south!

***By the way I am retarded and don't know how to do a slide show but if you push view all images you can see all the great pictures!!

mamasteph said...

Great pictures! You look gorgeous as always! Love the cake lollipops! Send me the how to info! I'm glad you had such a nice week! I love you tons sis!

Madelyn said...

Mmmm those cake pops look delicious! I'm glad you had a fun weekend, sorry we weren't able to watch Lole for you :(

M {3 said...

I am so glad you had pictures, I miss ya'll so much and feel more like you are close when I see your beautiful faces:)

Trey said...

sounds like things are good in utah sis! your friends were cool when i was there for the 4th and i had an awesome time hanging out with you guys.. hope to see you guys soon for one of my football games!

Hair Goddess said...

Next time you go to Steve and Barrys I want to go!! I love SJP, shes pretty much on my list

Biggie T said...

It looks like you had a really great time at Solitude. The pics are great! I can't believe that Adam had never been to a demolition derby. Isn't that the Utah state sport?